The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that 5 of its citizens were injured in a terrorist attack that targeted a hotel in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
The ministry’s spokesman, Fang Fenbin, told a news conference in Beijing on Tuesday that he was “extremely shocked” by what happened in Kabul on Monday.
The terrorist attack resulted in the death and injury of Afghan soldiers and security personnel, as well as the injury of 5 Chinese citizens, according to “Fenbin.”
The Chinese spokesman said that his country is waiting for Afghanistan to make the necessary efforts to ensure the safety of Chinese citizens on its soil, and to punish those behind this incident.
- Advertisement -
Earlier on Tuesday, the terrorist organization ISIS claimed responsibility for an armed attack yesterday that targeted a Chinese-owned hotel in Kabul.
As a result of the attack, 3 people were killed and 18 others were wounded, while 3 of the attackers were killed, according to Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the Taliban government.
According to eyewitnesses, the hotel is owned by Chinese and is located in the “Shahri No” area, and that the attackers entered the hotel and opened fire indiscriminately.