Manchester United announced on Tuesday that it reached an agreement with its Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo leading to the departure of the latter and the annulment between them by mutual consent.
United said in an official statement: “Cristiano Ronaldo will leave Manchester United in a mutual agreement, immediately,” United said in an official statement.
He added: “The club thanks the player for its tremendous contribution in two periods in Old Trafford.”
He concluded: “Everyone in Manchester United is still focusing on continuing the team’s progress under Eric Ten Hag and working together to succeed on the field.”
- Advertisement -
United’s decision to abandon Ronaldo comes after the fiery statements made by the Portuguese star in the dialogue he had with journalist Pears Morgan and the tension in the “Old Trafford” castle.
Ronaldo had accused the coach of the team, Tin Hang, of not respecting him, forcing him to exchange the same feeling, and that he had been betrayed by the Dutch and other people from the administration.
Ronaldo said in his interview: “The public should know the truth, I want the best for the club and for this reason I came to Manchester United, but there are things that happen inside, the administration does not help us reach the highest level like Manchester City, Liverpool and even Arsenal.”
The “Don” also attacked his former colleague with “Red Devils”, Wayne Rooney, for his continuous criticism, and the former coach, Austrian Ralph Ranjenk criticized, considering that he is not the size of a club like Manchester United.
Several press reports have linked Ronaldo’s fate away from “Old Trafford”, where the owner of the five gold balls approaches joining Chelsea or returning to Sporting Lisbon, with whom he started his professional career in Portugal.